Become a Member
Whether you’re an established grower, or just starting out, becoming a member of Flower Farmers of Ireland is a great way to boost your business. FFoI is run by growers just like you, and exists to promote, support, and empower Irish flower farmers at all levels.
Benefits of Joining
- Direct exposure for your business to our followers on social media.
- Support and advice from a community of like-minded people – whether you’re struggling with the practicalities of growing, arranging or propagating, or with business aspects such as buying plants/seeds/equipment, or pricing your product, there’s always someone willing to help.
- Growing flowers in Ireland has some unique variables – we can advise on what plants and growing systems will work best for you based on hard-earned experience.
- Access to EXCLUSIVE workshops and events.
- Collective buying power, particularly for specialist plants & seeds.
Full membership is intended for those already established in the business and includes:
• Entry in our online ‘Find a Flower Farmer’ directory (http://flowerfarmersofireland.ie/directory/). This includes your full contact details (Address, Phone number, email address, and Web/Social media details where applicable), a gallery of your own photos, your own promotional text, and space to list any services/plants you specialise in.
• Use of the Flower Farmers of Ireland official logos on your website/ social media. This will immediately re-assure your potential customers that you are a genuine Irish grower. This is something that is being sought-after by increasing numbers of customers.
• Access to our members-only discussion group. As commercial growers, our concerns are different to those of amateur/casual growers. As a result, our discussion groups are much more relevant!
• Access to emails circulated within our group. Never miss out on any developments in the business.
• Access to any group bulk buying/discounts. Leverage the power of the collective to lower your costs and access hard-to-find or specialist plants and seeds.
• Access to discounted insurance with FBD or IOMAST. Insurance is a necessity but we can help take some of the pain out of it!
• Invitation to our annual/biannual meetings. Always a great chance to meet and generate new ideas and alliances.
• Access to exclusive workshops and farm tours. Focused on the professional grower, these will give you knowledge and insights that you won’t find anywhere else.
• Invitation to participate in any promotional work that we do. Sometimes your business might need an extra boost and our promotional activities can help.
Our Seedling membership is especially useful for those who are just starting out. It includes:
- Access to our members-only discussion group. A great forum to ‘pick the brains’ of more experienced members.
- Access to emails circulated within our group. Keep informed on trends and events within the business.
- Access to any group bulk buying/discounts. Very useful for trying new things and building up your toolkit.
- Access to discounted insurance with FBD or IOMAST. Insurance is a necessity but we can help take some of the pain out of it!
- Invitation to our annual/biannual meetings. Meet and learn from your (new) peers!
- Access to exclusive workshops and farm tours. See what works, learn what doesn’t.
- Invitation to participate in any promotional work that we do. A great way to establish your reputation and spread the word about your enterprise.
How do I become a member?
Send us a message through our main contact page and make sure to tick the “I’m interested in becoming a member” box. We will get back to you within 1 week with membership forms as well as contact information for the FFoI member to who is closest to you geographically. Feel free to contact your FFoI “buddy” if you have any questions about the forms or membership in general. To complete your application, you will need to fill out the application form and pay for your membership via bank transfer.
When can I apply to become a member?
We accept new full members once a year during January & February. Seedling members can apply any time of year.
How long is my membership valid?
Full membership is valid for 1 year. Since seedling members are accepted all year, their membership is valid until end of February the following year.
How do I know which membership tier is best for me?
Please read our membership descriptions on this page to see which tier best suits your needs. If you are still unsure, send us a message and we will connect you with the FFoI member who is closest to you. Feel free to contact this member with any questions.
How much does it cost to join?
Full membership costs €120 for the first year, €100 per year thereafter. Seedling membership costs €60 for 12 months. Since you may join as a seedling any time of year, payment will be based on the number of months left in the current year (calculated at a rate of €5 a month/part month)
Can I upgrade from Seedling Membership to Full Membership?
Yes. You can upgrade from Seedling Membership to Full Membership during the application window in January & February.